Useful Tips for Different Types of HairA single universal solution is not enough to treat all types of hair equally. You need to follow different strategies to keep different types of hair lively and healthy.Oily/Greasy Hair
It is normal to have slightly oily or greasy hair. In fact, a little grease or oil is essential to keep your locks in healthy condition. However, too much of it usually makes your hair look limp and dirty. If your scalp and hair are oily, it is important to use a suitable shampoo that isn't too difficult to handle for your hair. Tips to control oily/greasy hair include:
- Do not wash your hair frequently. While greasy hair encourages you to wash more often, the scalp has oil glands that are stimulated when massaged. Thus, more washing means more massaging and eventually more grease for your hair and scalp.
- For a better cleansing action, it is advised that you use your fingers flat while shampooing.
A lot of perms and coloring can cause damage to your hair and weaken its structure. When exposing your hair to excessive heat, such as heated rollers, curling irons, hairdryers and other heating hair tools, you end up with dry, dull hair. You can also deplete life from your hair by swimming under the sun or in a pool with chlorinated water. To get your hair back in its natural magnificence, use the following tips:
- · Use shampoo and conditioner dedicated for dry hair only.
- · Use heating tools such as curling irons and hairdryers occasionally.
- · Change heating appliances regularly as their thermostat regulating heat breaks down.
- · When going for swimming or hitting the beach, it is always healthy to apply some leave-in protection conditioner in your hair.
- · Deeply condition your hair at least once every week.
(Read-How To Buy Best Hair Dryer)Thin/Fine Hair
It isn't necessary for thin/fine hair to seem lifeless. The following simple tips will give a healthy, thick illusion to your hair:
- · Do not get multiple length haircuts. A monotonous length haircut will give a thicker and fuller illusion to your hair.
- · Thin hair looks stringier when grown longer. Keep it short.
- · Never apply conditioner on the roots, just the ends and lengths of your hair. This will reduce further thinning of your hair.
Flaky, itchy scalps are a common problem with people with thick hair. Since it is difficult to thoroughly clean thick hair, the residue of the conditioner or shampoo is sealed on your scalp that causes irritation and dryness. It is important that you thoroughly rinse your hair after shampooing. Other tips include:
- · Keeping your hair either long or short. It is easier to control thick hair when cut short while the length of your hair gives it the weight to keep it held down. Cutting short layers will add further volume to your hair, therefore do not try.
These are some generic tips that may not work in all situations and conditions. Each hair type has its own qualities and requirements, so treat your hair according to your hair's specific needs. You can also get expert advice from professional hair therapist, plastic surgeons and dermatologists for better treatment.
More Beauty Tricks At BetterHealthBlog: