Can you even believe that Madonna is 55?! Happy Birthday, Madonna! At 55, the Queen of Pop is still looking good. And though she maintains that beauty comes from within (telling Marie Claire last September that what makes a woman most beautiful is owning herself and being proud of who she is), her beauty regime probably has something to do with it too. After doing some digging, we found that there are some pretty simple beauty rules the singer adheres to in order to maintain her youthful glow. Here are a few of her must-have beauty methods she's adhered to over the years.
More on Yahoo!: How To Get Madonna's Most Iconic Looks
1. Try oxygen treatments.The pop star has a personal facialist, Michelle Peck, who, in 2010, revealed to the Hindustan Times while in Delhi that Madonna receives an hour long, $500 oxygen facial before every stage performance and sometimes even several times a week. "Madonna asks for an intraceutical oxygen infusion facial treatment, as it is non-invasive, and still minimizes the aging lines," Peck said. Oxygen facials work to help plump and smooth the face, but leave no telltale signs (i.e., blotchy skin and redness) behind by delivering pure oxygen at a high pressure along with anti-aging serum through an airbrush. As opposed to traditional facials, makeup can be applied immediately afterwards. According to DiscoveryHealth.com, many doctors say the oxygen facial's effectiveness has yet to be proven due to lack of clinical study. But one look at Madonna's flawless skin seems like proof enough.
2. Splash cold water on your face in the morning. Madonna also revealed to Marie Claire last year that she wakes herself up in the morning by splashing cold water on her face. Chilly H20 reduces swelling, tightens pores, and promotes blood circulation, which can give your cheeks a little color, allowing you to skip the blush in case you're in a rush.
More on Yahoo!: Madonna Launching Shoe Line, But Is She A Footwear Expert?
3. Always wash your face at night. Sounds simple, but even the most diligent beauty regime followers skip a night once in a while, right? Not Madonna. "I don't think I've ever gone to sleep with makeup on," she told Marie Claire. "I hang up my clothes and I wash my face." Making sure your face is free of dirt and debris gives you skin a clean palette for applying your night time performance products for maximum absorption.
Madonna isn't afraid to rock seriously thick eyebrows. 4. Don't be afraid to rock a thick eyebrow. Back in the day, Madonna rocked some seriously hairy eyebrows. The singer's longtime makeup artist, Gina Brooke, revealed to Allure magazine that she was always trying to get Madonna to pluck her eyebrows, but to no avail."She would never go for it - it was her Latin heritage and she wanted to keep them," Brooke said. "It wasn't until Francois Nars came in and convinced her to pluck them at a Stephen Meisel shoot that she agreed to do it." Madonna's brows may be a bit more shapely now, but we did notice that throughout the years, she has never strayed too far from wearing a thick eyebrow. Thin brows can traditionally make the face look older, but thicker brows can help keep the face looking youthful.
5. Stick with beauty products that contain natural ingredients. Madonna has revealed that some of her favorite skincare products come from Eminence, an organic skincare line from Hungary that uses all natural ingredients. "Everything they make smells like food - there's a blueberry facial cleanser, a toning serum that smells like raspberry and a divine body scrub that smells like coconut. It's really good," she told Hollywoodlife.com. The plus side to using organic skincare products is that you can avoid the synthetic chemical ingredients (dye, fragrances, phthalates, mineral oils and paragons) that most products carry today.
6. Use face masks.Brooke also shared another one of Madonna's go-to skincare products: the Phyto-Black Lift Lifting Mask. This gel-like mask contains tightening polymers and soybean extract for tightening and smoothing the skin while improving elasticity and fighting against wrinkles. "Here's the trick: she comes straight from the shower so her pores are wide open, then we apply the mask, very detailed," Brooke told blackbookmag.com. "The face contours are instantly and visible re-defined as if the skin is lifted."
7. Don't wear makeup all the time.While it may seem like Madonna lives in makeup, since she's constantly performing, doing some fabulous photo shoot, or being trailed by the paparazzi. Brooke has revealed that the songstress really doesn't wear the stuff in her down time, giving her skin some extra time to be free of pore-clogging product.
8. Stay out of the sun.Known for her milky white complexion, The Daily Telegraph has reported that Madonna refuses to allow sunlight to touch her skin and drapes herself in linen sheets and towels in order to escape the sun's damaging rays. While that sounds a bit on the extreme side, there is good reason to protect yourself from sun damage, which can cause lines, wrinkles, and age spots and increase your chance of getting skin cancer.
Madonna's Diet Is The Hardest I've Ever Tried
Madonna's Moving Words To Ellen
Madonna's Best Costumes Ever