by Alexandra Samuel
Courtesy of LuxeCoat/via Instagram Guys, am I the only one who notices people's mani's before the ring in their "OMG WE JUST GOT ENGAGED" picture? Does that make me terrible? I can't help it. [Ed. note: No, it doesn't. Mine is an embarrassment to beauty editors everywhere. - RJ] But what's worse, ladies, is an imperfect day-of manicure, because those pics, well, they last even longer than your "I do" insta.
So when one of my favorite polish companies, LuxeCoat, shared this composite on Insta of dream manis for newly engaged Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo (to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine), I was totally inspired. You know why? The one on the left, sure, is awesome, but the one on the right? Well, it's crazy simple (read: easy) -- and hits just the right note between cutesy and cool. And also, if you're not rocking an engagement ring, you can pull this look off too: Just switch out the metallic polish for your favorite neon shade. Now, get the mani in just a few easy steps.
See more: 2013 Best Healthy Beauty Buys
* File your nails into an almond shape to make your fingers look long and lean.
* Hydrate your cuticles and nails really well. Since this look is so natural, you nails need to look healthy. I love Dior Creme Abricot Fortifying Cream For Nails, which has been a cult fave since 1963 because the creamy salve encourages nail growth, improves nail strength and conditions cuticles.
* Prep your accent (ring-finger) nail by wiping it down with nail polish remover to rid the nail of any grease. Then, use two pieces of scotch tape to cover all but a stripe of your nail.
See more: 6 Moves To Resize Your Butt and Thighs
* Paint a double-coat of gold (or silver if you prefer!) over the stripe using a metallic polish like American Apparel Metallic Nail Polish In Gold Flash.
* When the stripe is tacky (that means sticky, but mostly dry) carefully pull off the tape.
* Use tweezers to press a nail glue-dipped gem stone smack in the middle of your stripe. (By dipped, I mean tapped with the tiniest dot of nail glue.)
Let dry and start #selfie-ing, brides-to-be!
More from SELF:
20 Superfoods For Weight Loss
Secrets To Firing Up Your Metabolism
Refreshing Cocktails Under 200 Calories
How to Look Good in Photos
by Alexandra Samuel