Help my hair!
Oily hair is a sign that your hair is in distress. Your hair and scalp might just be screaming for help. The problem with the condition is that many people don't address the problem properly. Washing hair more frequently is the answer for 90% of oily hair sufferers. But what is really behind the problem and what steps can be taken to solve it permanently?
What are the necessary steps to solving the issue for good?
1) First understand the main causes of the oily condition. Learn what exactly can cause the condition. Identify which cause can apply to your situation before anything else.
2) Eliminate all products that can damage your hair and scalp and worsen the condition and go for more natural alternatives.
3) Understand that oily hair and oily skin are closely related. If you are experiencing both, you need to attack the problem from both ends.
4) Look no further than your fridge for a solution to the condition. Eggs, baking soda, vinegar and cocoa powder are high effective for treating an oily condition.
5) Know that clay masks also provide quick and lasting relief. Use clay as an inexpensive miracle treatment option. Learn which clays should be used as a hair mask.
6) Sometimes you may need medicinal shampoos. Learn when and how to use them.
7) Oily hair can be difficult to maintain and style. Learn some styling tips and tricks and what products should be used or avoided.
8) Be aware that an oily scalp can lead to hair loss over time. Learn how to treat it before it happens.
There are many homemade remedies that sometimes work much better that any chemical products or medications. Not to mention, homemade remedies don't cause the side-effects of most chemicals. They are inexpensive and safe to use.
Herbal treatments can be a long-term solution as long as you persevere and do them regularly.
Medicinal shampoos are different, in the sense that using them often will make your scalp used to the chemicals and the oily hair will come back. If you plan to use both medicated shampoo and herbal or homemade treatments you should know that, while it's totally ok, it might make your hair and scalp too dry. Herbal treatments can be as powerful as a medicated shampoo so it is best to try each one separately.