Demi Lovato showcases that getting a manicure while napping can be a beautiful thing!
Here's one approach to time management: primp while you sleep.
More on YAHOO!: Demi Lovato's Dream: To Make A Barbie With Her Own Body Type
More on YAHOO!: The Napping Revolution
It may have looked like an extreme celebrity pampering moment, but Lovato might be onto something. Beauty companies have gotten the hint that we need help shaving down the hours of the day we spend on upkeep. A girl's got to look good and sleep late sometimes. Here are 5 ways to enhance your beauty routine while you sleep.
1. Put On A (Overnight) Mask. No, we're not talking about the scary Halloween kind. Facial masks are probably one of the easiest ways to alleviate everything from redness to breakouts. In some cases, they can help to moisturize, plump and even out the skin tone. Make sure that you find the best one for your skin needs and apply before going to bed at least once per week. If you're worried about messing up your pretty pillowcases, try to let the mask dry a bit before you lay down or just use an old one. A great overnight mask we've found is the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask ($32, clinique.com). It immediately sinks into your skin upon application so there's no mess plus you don't have to worry about rinsing off in the morning. You can also try creating your own mask by using one of these recipes.
2. Soften Your Lips. Who doesn't want to wake up with soft, plump lips? Just because you're not Angelina Jolie (she's got some of the best looking lips around!) doesn't mean you can't. Before hitting the sack, use an overnight lip treatment (there's a great one from Neosporin). Not only will it help to nourish, but we've found that we don't have to apply as much lip moisturizer during the day after using this overnight treatment.
3. Use Eye Cream. Want to skip wearing under eye concealer? Try using an eye cream nightly. After washing your face (or swiping with a makeup wipe if it's been one of those days) take two seconds to gently tap underneath and on top of your eyelids. After several weeks of use (and depending on your needs) you should notice a lighter, brighter under eye area that not only helps you to look more awake but also will keep you from having to worry about wearing under eye concealer. There are a ton of fabulous eye creams out there to help you fight bags, sags and under eye circles, be we love the Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream ($12.99, drugstore.com).
4. Prep Your Strands. Sometimes brushing, combing or styling your hair at the end of a long day can seem like a crazy idea, so you decide to tackle it in the morning. Make that morning styling process that much easier for you by using an overnight treatment. Try dabbing a bit of the Pantene Pro-V Overnight Miracle Repair Serum ($5.99, drugstore.com) onto your ends before sleeping. This super light formula will help to restore damage done during the day and leave your hair soft and smooth to the touch.
5. Treat Your Feet. Being that it's sandal season and all, it's kind of important to keep your feet looking good. An easy way to do this is by applying Vaseline Petroleum Jelly ($4.49, drugstore.com) or your favorite body cream onto your feet after showering and then applying a pair of socks. This will help to keep them soft and looking moisturized. Another great overnight product for your feet are the BLISS Softening Socks ($52, bliss.com). Each features gel lining to immediately soften and smooth and can be used up to 50 times.