By GalTime's Bra Gal Jene Luciani Sports Bra
With spring fast approaching, and New Year's resolutions to get in shape in full effect, I've been getting A LOT of questions about sports bras! Here are some tips from The Bra Book to finding the perfect sports support:
• Make sure the elastic band on the bottom fits snugly around your rib cage (but not so snugly that you can't breathe).
• When trying the sports bra on, jump up and down a few times in the dressing room. You may look a little crazy, but you'll accurately determine if the bra gives you the necessary support needed for physical activity! Obviously, the less "bounce," the better. The sports bra, more than any other bra, is all about range of motion and comfort level.
• Look for wider shoulder straps for increased support.
• Note that those with built-in "shock absorbers" are designed to minimize bounce and impact.
The fabric you choose also has an impact on the comfort and effectiveness of the sports bra - most are designed to wick moisture away from the body, but you can also choose one that goes a step further by preventing chafing and all-around discomfort. Check the tag before you buy so you know what your sports bra is made of.
A great sports bra that you should check out is this one by Under Armour. It's specially designed for serious athletes - and offers serious support! I also love the zip-front feature for larger busted women. It offers the necessary support, but provides a little cleavage too! Sports Bra
Under Armour Women's HeatGearEndure Front Zip Sports Bra, $49.99
More from GalTime:
- Got Jiggle? Here's How to Hide It!
- How to Enhance Your Chest Naturally
- Top 5 Bodywear Blunders
- Top 10 Undergarments EVERY Gal's Gotta Own