By GalTime's Makeup Expert Andrea Ducharme
Wakeup Makeup AFTER Your Holiday PartyThe holiday season is here, and that means many late nights celebrating, salty foods a-plenty, and very merry cocktails (sometimes one too many!).
All that partying in the PM can leave you with blotchy skin and puffy, red eyes in the AM. Here are some tried and true tips that makeup artists use to get bright-eyed the day after the party!
Prevention is key. Hydrate before you get to bed by drinking at least 1 liter of water. This will help flush the sodium and alcohol from your system. Remove ALL MAKEUP, then splash your face 5-10 times with cool water. Smooth on a lightweight eye-gel and a vitamin packed face cream .
I love Clinique All About Eyes ($29) and Say Yes To Carrots Repairing Night Cream ($14.99).
Related: Super Foods for Super, Glowing Skin!
- In the morning, apply a cold compress, eye drops and more eye gel. Finish with a light-weight moisturizer on the face.
- Apply a peachy-toned concealer under your eyes and on the lids to counteract any purple or blue shadows. MAC, Julie Hewett and Paula Dorf have a wide range of peach-toned hues. Set with a light-reflecting translucent powder. I am big fan of el.f. Studio High Definition Powder ($6).
- Translucent Powder
- Next, apply an ivory shadow to the lids and lower lash-line, paying attention to the inside corner. This will even out discoloration. Sweep a matte, warm brown shadow in the crease to reduce the appearance of a puffy eye, and then apply a navy liner to the upper lash line.
- Eye Liner
- Navy brightens the whites of your eyes and counteracts redness. Try Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Iridescent Navy Blue 3L ($18). Finish with 2-3 coats of a lengthening mascara in black or navy.
- In a circular motion, apply a pinky-peach blush on the apples of your cheeks. The most universally flattering shade is NARS Orgasm ($27).
- Lip Gloss
- Finish the look with a sheer pop of color on the lips. Glossy shades of watermelon or berry will brighten up your face and keep your lips looking fresh. Try MAC Lipglass ($14.50).
More from GalTime:
- Beauty Bargains for $10 or Less!
Benefits from 'Finger Painting' Your Makeup
- 'Hot Date Night' Makeup
- Be A Blushing Beauty With These Tips From Carmindy