Whether you are rooting for the Patriots or the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, watching the game at home or a bar, there is one thing we can all cheer for: game-day food! Celebrate Super Bowl Sunday with this spread of dips, sauces and appetizers, all of which are easy to eat while cheering on your favorite team. Oh, and did we mention they are gluten-free? Touchdown!
- Eggplant Fries (Sliced Eggplant sprinkled with olive oil, flax seeds, baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes)
- Arugula and Fig Pizza (Corn tortillas topped with arugula, figs and hemp seeds baked at 325 degrees for 15 minutes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms (Button mushrooms stuffed with gluten-free bread crumbs and oats baked at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes)
- Mini Veggie Tacos (Corn tortillas filled with veggies of choice, salsa and guacamole)
- BBQ Mini Bean Burgers with Chipotle Sauce (Black beans mixed with BBQ sauce, ground cashews and chipotle peppers; grilled)
- Creamy Squash Guacamole (Yellow squash, grape tomatoes, cilantro and avocado mashed together)
- Grilled Coriander Shrimp (Shrimp tossed with olive oil, cilantro and coriander; grilled)
- Spicy Zucchini Cole Slaw (Shredded cabbage mixed with zucchini, onions, carrots chili powder, sea salt and pepper)
- Grilled Tofu Bites on Skewers (1 block of extra firm tofu, marinated and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, placed onto skewers with veggies; grilled)
- White Bean Pecan Dip (White beans , olive oil, fresh basil and pecans pureed in a food processor)
About the author: Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developr and Food Writer specializing in "Clean" Gluten Free recipes for the home cook.