Enjoy this humorous stock photo of an over-sized fly in soup. The pictures to follow aren't nearly as charming. …Warning: this post is NSFL (not safe for lunch). Prepare to have the following 10 images haunt your dreams and your next meal.
The McRib is making a comeback, and while it looks delicious, it's hard to forget its urban legend origins from the '80s. Rumor had it back then a man took a bite into his McRib only to notice a tail hanging out the other side. While there's no proof that actually happened, there is some pictorial evidence of similar repulsions. Consider the new fast food diet: a survey of items reported found in to-go meals around the world. Enjoy.
A dead rat in Bacon Ranch Salad: A Texas woman sued the chain for $1.7 million when she found a 5 inch rat underneath her lettuce "drenched in dressing, wholly intact from whiskers to tail, on its back, mouth agape," according to one account. Other facts: she took about 8 bites of salad before she realized what her lunch really was. Then she had the good sense to throw up in the sink. She still claims to suffer from trauma, and who could blame her.
Mouse in white bread: England's food is worse than we thought. The region's main grocery producer, Premier Foods, got a $30,000 fine when a local man find a tiny rat baked right into his loaf of bread. Here is his puke-inducing moment of revelation: "I noticed a dark colored object embedded in the corner of three or four slices...As I looked closer I saw that the object had fur on it." Gag.
Nails in noodles: In 2008, a British woman swallowed an inch-long nail lodged in her Tesco Macaroni and Cheese. With the damage already done, she simply had to wait and pass it. Bet that wasn't easy.
Unidentifiable rodent in Chinese Food: You'd think wagging this calcified object in front of a waiter would at least grant you a refund on your meal. Not in China's Chuang Jiang Fish Restaurant.
Extra snot on pizza: A couple of Domino's Pizza employees caused an uproar when they uploaded proof of everyone's worst fear: your medium cheese pizza was first lodged up a guys nose. Both employees on the video were arrested on felony charges.
Finger in ice cream: Somewhere between bites of his Kohl's frozen custard, a North Carolina man discovered he was sucking on a finger-tip. Apparently he'd mistaken it for a topping. Here's how the honest mistake went down: A young employee accidentally lost his finger to a custard-beating machine. But in the chaos of helping out their colleague, another employee scooped out the finger-lodged ice cream to usher the customer past the scene. Nothing to see here.
Condom in the Southwestern Whopper: A very brave man laughed off the used condom he found lodged in between his patty and his Burger King bun. The unhappy customer claims it was a response to his convoluted order that incensed his cashier. Still doesn't fit the crime.
Mouse in Fried Chicken: It's what's for dinner. Or it was, for one unlucky guy who reportedly found a deep-friend rat in his tub of crispy chicken at a Popeye's chain in Baltimore.
Chicken head in wings: A woman allegedly found a chicken head all fried and crisped to perfection while she chowed down on a bag of McDonald's wings in Virginia. At least we now know the wings are really made from chicken.