YumSugarSource: 10 Must Make Nacho Recipes
The crunchy chips, the melted cheese, the gooey toppings - I love everything about nachos. I'm so crazy about nachos that back in 2008, I created an original series that chronicled my love affair with them. Since I came up with this idea while eating nachos on Super Bowl Sunday, I thought I'd round up my favorite nacho recipes just in time for this year's big game. Be warned: these are not your regular nachos!
- Crab Nachos: Blue corn chips topped with lumps of crab meat, a spicy pepper Jack cheese sauce, and fresh homemade salsa? Sign me up! These nachos are decadent and delicious.
- Classic Nachos: There's nothing boring about these traditional nachos. Deep frying the tortillas to make your own chips takes them to a whole new level.
- Nachos Frescos: Who says nachos have to be unhealthy? This fresh take on nachos combines baked tortilla chips with a black bean corn salsa, shredded lettuce, and cotija cheese.
- Buffalo Nachos: The Buffalo flavor is everywhere these days, so why not in nachos? This ingenious recipe tops sour cream and onion potato chips with hot-sauce seasoned chunks of chicken and a creamy blue cheese sauce.
- Quadruple Cheese Nachos: For the purists who don't like anything but chips and cheese, there's this four cheese nacho recipe.
More from YumSugar: Killer App: Mushroom and Goat Cheese Queso
- Nacho Bites: Nachos go glam in this pop in your mouth nacho bite recipe. They consist of a chipotle flavored chip that's topped with warm goat cheese, guacamole, and salsa.
- Spicy Shrimp Nachos: Spicy shrimp nachos. There's really nothing more to say, but make them!
- Stavros Nachos: The base for these Greek-inspired nachos is pita chips. They're smothered in ground lamb, crumbled feta, fresh oregano, salsa and pepperoncinis for garnish.
- Potachos: This recipe takes the ingredients of potato skins - cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, green onions - and turns them into a nacho. Yum!
- Mexican Pizza: What happens when you spread purreed red beans on tortillas, top with cheese and chorizo, and bake? You get a giant nacho that's known as the Mexican pizza!
15 Killer Vegetarian Appetizers
10 Tantalizing Bites For the Super Bowl
Score a Touchdown at the Snack Table
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook