When else but on St. Patrick's Day is it acceptable to eat anything so shockingly green? Our round-up of the best green food from around the web will hopefully inspire you to use your own exorbitant amount of green food coloring this year.
1. Lucky Green Velvet Baby Cakes (above) from Picky Palate are an easy green dessert for St. Patrick's Day.
2. Pandan Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies from Pham Fatale are so very vibrantly green!Photo from Pham Fatale
3. Mint Ice Cream from One Perfect Bite gets it's lovely pale green color from fresh mint leaves.Photo from One Perfect Bite
4. Your local McDonald's doesn't offer Shamrock Shakes? Make your own like The Homesteading Housewife does!Photo from The Homesteading Housewife
5. What would the French think about a green version of their traditional Madeleine cookie? These Macha Madeleines from Evan's Kitchen Ramblings get their green color naturally from macha, a green tea powder.Photo from Evan's Kitchen Ramblings
6. It doesn't get greener than this: Green Coriander Chutney found on No Recipes.Photo from No Recipes
7. Even the rice is green in this cute Caterpillar Green Sushi Roll from The Little Foodie!Photo from The Little Foodie
8. Amy Ormond's Green Tea Ice Cream Cups are so pretty, festive, and, of course, green!Photo from Amy Ormond
9. Green Pea Soup with mint from Seasaltwithfood is the epitome of green freshness.Photo from Seasaltwithfood
10. Macarons are oh-so trendy these days! And so are Shiny Cooking's Macarons Filled With Lime-colored Peppermint Buttercream.
11. Frozen Grasshopper Pie on a Stick Dipped in Chocolate (from BitterSweet) has a lovely green surprise in the middle.Photo from BitterSweet
What's your favorite green food to make for St. Patrick's Day?