By Anna Breslaw, Glamour magazine
OK, we all know about chocolate, oysters and maybe even chocolate oysters. But some of these new libido-boosting foods are legit weird. Artichokes?
USA Today asked a licensed dietician for a list of recommended noshes to get your sex on. Here's what she came up with.
- Strawberries, almonds, garlic, avocados and figs, and, according to ancient Rome, anything else "shaped like ovaries."
See more: The Top 10 Ways to Wake Up Prettier
- Asparagus! I love asparagus! Besides the green veggie overall benefit, it contains a sexual desire-cranking chemical called protodioscin.
- Artichokes. When eaten raw by the ancient Egyptians, it was said to have improved sexual prowess and fertility.
- Cumin. Mixed with black pepper and honey, ancient Middle Eastern men drank it as a natural stimulant.
- Coriander/cilantro. Might be why Tex-Mex is my go-to date restaurant genre--and supposedly a fertility strengthener.
Related: 21 Flirty Little Date Outfit Ideas
- Acai berries. Yup, not only is your favorite Jamba Juice flavor antioxidant-packed, but it supposedly increases "desirability," especially in Brazil where it's mixed with guarana. But in your average American home, try combining the berry juice with honey instead.
Have any of y'all come up with any other aphrodisiacs in your, uh, personal research?
More from Glamour: