YumSugarSource: 16 Foodie Reasons to Love Fall
For cooks and eaters alike, Fall is the season when our favorite foods take a turn for the better: pies become pumpkin, Starbucks gets sweet, and corn takes to candy. If you still aren't convinced why you should love this food-filled season, these 16 reasons should certainly seal the deal.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes : Pumpkin spice lattes become a valid excuse to enjoy a coffee break every day.
- Popcorn Balls: Popcorn is no longer just a movie theater treat.
- Candy, Candy, and More Candy!: Having to settle on just one candy bar is no longer an issue.
- Fun Takes on Classic Candy: Classic candies like Pop Rocks get even tastier.
- Seasonal Ice Cream: Two of our favorite desserts, pumpkin pie and Dairy Queen Blizzards, blend in perfect harmony.
- Seasonal Veggies: Farmers markets are filled with a colorful variety of seasonal fruits and veggies like apples, pumpkins, squash, and leafy greens.
- Autumnal Ales: Pumpkin ales and other special harvest season beers replace ordinary beers at weekend tailgates and camping trips.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Fresh toasted pumpkin seeds make their way into parfaits, trail mix, and salads.
More from YumSugar: Try This Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe at Home
- Seasonal Sugar Cookies: Fall kicks off baking season, meaning loads of chewy sugar cookies to frost and decorate with fun holiday themes. If from-scratch baking isn't your thing, there's always the premade "cut and bake" variety.
- Caramel Apples : Apples get upgraded with caramel.
- Pumpkin Pie: Pies of all kinds are readily available, particularly the too-rare pumpkin.
- Festive Snacks : Salty snacks take a turn for the cute - in the shape of pumpkins!
- Spooky Sprinkles: Rainbow sprinkles are replaced with Halloween colors.
- Pumpkin Butter : Breakfast is no longer boring with pumpkin butter.
- Candy Corn : It is finally acceptable to admit your love for anything and everything candy corn.
- Festive Cupcakes : Cupcakes go from sweet to spooky!
Happy Hour: Pumpkin Irish Coffee
I Want (Homemade) Candy! 9 Recipes to Try Now
Stay Warm This Season With Padma Lakshmi's Cardamom Cappuccino
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook