Mu Shu Pork Wraps
If your butcher is unable to cut an 8-ounce piece of pork loin, buy 1 pound and freeze the remainder for another use. Save your mushroom stems for stocks or broths.
- 1 small head green or Savoy cabbage
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (8-ounce) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 4 mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
See More Superfast Asian Recipes
- Reserve 8 cabbage leaves. Shred remaining cabbage to measure 2 cups. Combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients (through cornstarch). Cut pork crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stack several slices vertically; slice pork into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Repeat procedure with remaining pork. Add pork, carrots, and mushrooms to soy sauce mixture; toss.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 1/4 cup onions; sauté 30 seconds. Add shredded cabbage and water; sauté 2 minutes. Remove cabbage mixture from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add remaining 1/2 cup onions and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add pork mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Add cabbage mixture; toss. Place about 1/3 cup pork mixture into each of 8 reserved cabbage leaves.
Superfast Kid-Friendly Recipes
Superfast Comfort Food Recipes