baconAnother year, and the bacon trend is still with us. Bacon has been trending so long and so hard, in fact, that I'm starting to think it's no longer just a trend. It's LIFE AS WE KNOW IT. Fellow people, we are living in the Age of Bacon. It's official. You heard it here, first.
More from The Stir: Longest Sushi Roll in the World Is Missing One Important Ingredient
Bacon has filled our lives in so many strange and wonderful ways this year. Holy baconator, eaters, this list of bacon-related stories and recipes is embarrassingly long. And delicious. Do you dare gaze upon its greasy glory? Are you bold enough to face The Year in Bacon? Then read on.
1. We discovered squeezable bacon.
2. And we discovered Chipotle's secret ingredient: Hint, it's bacon.
3. We threw bacon-theme parties.
4. We trembled at the sight of Denny's Maple Bacon Sundae.
5. And we made Maple Bacon Cupcakes.
6. We compared bacon to Kim Kardashian.
More from The Stir: A Food Snob's Surprising Defense of Olive Garden
7. People stole whole hogs for the bacon.
8. We passed on bacon-flavored sex lube.
9. We raved over chocolate chip cookies made with bacon fat.
10. Would it make sense to mention Kevin Bacon at this point?
11. We love Peanut Butter Cookies with Candied Bacon.
12. Bacon Cinnamon Rolls changed breakfast forever.
13. Until Bacon & Eggs Cups changed breakfast again.
14. We made a bacon exception for Bacon Caramel Popcorn.
More from The Stir: White Castle Is Selling Booze & It's About Time
15. We put bacon in our potato salad.
16. We ate the KFC Cheesy Bacon Bowl and lived to tell about it.
17. We marveled at Arby's Three Cheese and Bacon Sandwich.
18. We made SOUP made with bacon and eggs.
19. And Grilled Cheese With Apple and Bacon.
20. And put bacon on our chili cheese dogs.
21. And Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull-Apart Bread.
22. And topped funnel cake with bacon.
More from The Stir: Beautiful Yule Log You Can Make at Home (Really!)
24. Finally, we took a whiff of bacon-scented cologne. Ahhh, it's been a delectable year!
Have you had enough of bacon, or are you still ready for more in 2012?
Image via Lara604/Flickr
More from The Stir: