Santa who? You'll be the toast of the season with homemade mixers for Bloody Marys, Cranberry Cocktails, and Apricot-Ginger Fizzes. Hand out bottles as gifts, or do a self-service bar at your holiday brunch. Just let Rudolph steer your sleigh home.
1. Prepare cocktail according to tag instructions.
2. Decant into decorative bottle. Print label with recipe and storage instructions, and assemble as indicated on tag. Fasten to top of bottle using ribbon or twine.
3. Store, refrigerated, for up to one week.
Bloody Mary Mixer
For each drink, combine 3 ounces of mixer with 1 ounce of vodka, and pour into a glass filled with ice.
3 cups store-bought tomato juice
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1. Stir ingredients; pour into an airtight bottle. Mixer can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
Cranberry Cocktail Mixer
For each drink, combine 4 ounces of mixer with 2 ounces of vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice; strain into a chilled martini glass.
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups cranberry juice
1. Bring zests, sugar, and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat; stir until sugar has dissolved. Let cool. Put juice into a large container; stir in zest mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or overnight. Strain; pour into an airtight bottle. Mixer can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
Apricot-Ginger Fizz Mixer
For each drink, pour three ounces of mixer into a glass; add three ounces of sparkling wine.
1 peeled (1 inch) fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups apricot nectar
1. Bring ginger, sugar, and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat; stir until sugar has dissolved. Let cool. Put apricot nectar into a large container; stir in ginger mixture. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours. Strain; pour into an airtight bottle. Mixer can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart
36 Dinners You Can Make in Just 15 Minutes!
42 Slow-Cooker Recipes Worth the Wait
Speaking of holiday brunch, we've got just the thing to soak up your merry-making.