Image Source: Lentil Tacos
Who has time to cook an elaborate meal in the middle of the week, especially on a hot summer evening, when you're really craving something refreshing, and more importantly, quick! That's why tacos are an easy, and satisfying meal you can put together in just a few minutes, for yourself as well as your family and friends! One of the many reasons tacos are amazing is because of the endless possibilities of fresh veggies and toppings that can be added, making it super easy to eat the rainbow in one sitting.
Simply prepare and set out the ingredients, and let everyone make their own tacos! Customize to your liking, but recommended ingredients include mixed greens (or lettuce), chopped tomatoes, black beans, mashed avocado (or guacamole), shredded cheese, salsa, greens, and peppers. Yum!
Here are 5 of our favorite meatless taco recipes:
1. Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- freshly-ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium (or 12 small) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, de-stremmed and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, paprika, oregano, and chili powder. Saute for 5 minutes, flipping zucchini, until both sides are evenly browned. Add red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Distribute zucchini evenly among the tortillas. Top with fresh tomato slices, cilantro, avocado slices, and red onion slices. Serve immediately.
The light, crisp corn tacos provided the perfect balance to the rich, savory, lime-infused, mashed chickpeas and avocado. Get the recipe HERE.
3. Mini BBQ Soy Curl Taco Bowls with Pickled Onions
For a cool twist on Taco Tuesday, soy curls prepared in some sort of spicy, smoky, barbecue-y goodness is the way to go! Get the recipe HERE.
4. Tacos sin Carne
Not only will these Tacos sin Carne fool the meat eaters, they will be asking for the recipe! Get it here.
5. Falafel Tacos
These Falafel Tacos are a perfect choice for your Taco Tuesday or your Falafel Friday. Or your I-Like-To-Eat-Amazing-Vegan-Food-On-Days-That-End-In-"Y" Days. Your choice. Get the recipe here.
This post was originally published on One Green Planet.
Enjoy more vegan, dairy-free, meatless summer recipes by One Green Planet on Yahoo! below:1. 6 Easy Breezy Meatless Summer Salads
2. 25 Cool Summer Vegan Dessert Recipes. Hell Yeah!
3. 8 Amazing Ways to Use Coconuts This Summer (With Recipes!)
4. 15 UNBELIEVABLE Raw (No-Bake) Dessert Recipes for Summer
5. 5 Amazing Ways to Eat Zucchini (with Recipes)
6. 5 Cool Meatless Summer Meal Ideas