By Lisa Lillien, REDBOOK
Gone are the days of watery diet lasagna! Here are the yummy low-cal options Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien keeps in her freezer.
1. Amy's Light and Lean Spinach Lasagna: I'm a huge fan of all things Amy's, so I was thrilled to see the new Light and Lean meals, each with fewer than 300 calories and no more than 5 grams of fat. My favorite, the spinach lasagna, has three kinds of cheese-Parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella!-for only 250 calories.
Related: How to Beat Bloat-Fast!
2. Lean Cuisine Market Creations Chicken Margherita: Inside this microwavable bag is penne pasta with white-meat chicken, tomatoes, red bell peppers, spinach, and mozzarella cheese in a delicious balsamic sauce. It's truly hard to believe the whole thing has only 300 calories and 8 grams of fat, right?
3. Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake: With roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, plantains, pumpkin seeds, whole-grain pilaf, and kale in an amazing smoky-sweet sauce, this unique entrée is like no other you've tried. It also happens to be my favorite frozen meal ever.
Related: The 12 Best Clutter Cures
4. Contessa Beef Stir-Fry: Stovetop frozen meals are halfway between nuking dinner and cooking from scratch-but still take just minutes to make. (Use a nonstick skillet to make cleanup even easier.) I like Contessa's options because you can choose how much sauce to add-a calorie-saving plus. The teriyaki beef strips in this meal taste like a splurge, but a serving has only 180 calories.
5. Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs: And here's one for the kids! These 150-calorie, served-on-a-stick meatless treats are (almost) as good as the state-fair grease bombs-but with about 75 percent less fat. Make them in the oven instead of the microwave to keep them crispy, then dip them in a little mustard or ketchup.
For even more diet-friendly advice, watch Hungry Girl's Cooking Channel show! Check hungry-girl.com/show for times.
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.