YumSugarSource: 5 Fresh Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas
Wondering how to celebrate Valentine's Day? If you're feeling stumped or you're tired of the standard fancy-dinner routine, get creative and mix it up with a meal that steps outside your typical date pattern. Here are five great ways to get romantic for the heart-filled holiday, from a cozy indoor picnic to an anti-Valentine's Day dinner spread.
- An Indoor Picnic: Keep things casual and cozy with a sweet indoor picnic date. Turn on your favorite romantic film and enjoy simple floor-friendly dishes like salad skewers and fondue.
- A Global Spread: Feeling indecisive? Serve a little bit of everything by cooking up an ethnic dinner menu that features dishes from all over the world. You'll satisfy both your sweetie and your taste buds.
- A Feast of French Eats: Pretend you're in Paris with a delicious French feast for two. With a table full of ratatouille, crepes, and macarons, you'll have no problem channeling your inner French girl and stepping up the romance.
- An Anti-Valentine's Day Dinner: Even if you're not the type to rock red and pink on Valentine's Day, you can still find a way to celebrate that's perfect for you. Host an anti-Valentine's Day party for your friends and indulge in the heavy, messy foods you'd usually avoid on a romantic date.
- All-Out Romance: If you'd rather stick to the romance basics, set the mood with soft music and a classy, traditional Valentine's Day meal. Stick with standard upscale date dishes like oysters, steak, and creamy panna cotta for a feast that's sure to make you swoon.
20 Love-Inspired Libations
Pink Grapefruit and Purple Pansies Brighten a Valentine's Day Salad
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook