YumSugarSource: 5 Homemade Winter Pizza Dinners
Most people opt for delivery or frozen pizza, but making homemade pizza is a great way to "cook" in the kitchen with your friends and family. Especially during the busy holiday season, you can quickly and easily feed crowded and busy homes by prepping a bunch of raw pizza toppings and buying ready-made crust, so everyone can personalize their own pizza. Here are a few Winter topping ideas to inspire your homemade pies.
- Holiday Leftovers Pizza: Give new life to turkey and cranberry sauce leftovers from your holiday gatherings and make a turkey and cranberry sauce pizza. Basil pesto, ricotta, and cranberry and caramelized onion sauce are the simple ingredients to transform your holiday dinner into something entirely new.
- Spicy Southwest Pizza: For a warming, smokey southwest pizza, try chicken pizza with yellow tomato salsa. It's seasoned with paprika, chili powder, and cayenne, and topped with pepper jack cheese, red onion, and jalapeñotildeo pepper.
- Sweet Beet Pizza: Red beets and caramelized onions make this beet, goat cheese, and arugula pesto pizza naturally sweet. Sour goat cheese balances the flavors, and using corn meal on the bottom of the crust gives the pizza extra crunch.
- Pleasing Cheese Pizza: Mozzarella, Fontina, goat cheese, and Parmesan make up this delicious Four-Cheese Pizza. Instead of tomato sauce, coat your pizzas with homemade pesto, and spice things up with a sprinkle of oregano and thyme.
- Silky-Smooth Smoked Salmon Pizza: Wolfgang Puck's famously luxurious salmon pizza is topped with two types of caviar and crème fraîche. To make it more weeknight friendly, try simplifying the toppings with sour cream and dill instead.
Make Wolfgang Puck's Smoked Salmon Pizza at Home
5 Weeknight Meals That Will Take You Around the World
5 Vegetarian Meals For the Week Ahead
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook