The combination of mango and butternut squash is cooling on the body and provides that extra *oomph* that is needed to beat the heat and humidity of summer. Our favorite thing about mango (besides how delicious it is) is that it is so versatile. It can easily be used by itself, as a natural sweetener, an emulsifier in a dessert, the base for a delicious dressing, or that-special-something in a savory dish such as this. In fact, here is a list of some of the BEST healthy mango recipes EVER!
Okay, this is such an incredible raw soup. -- it's tasty, it's light and filling, AND, it takes about 5 minutes to make.
Note: If raw butternut squash seem unappealing you could steam the squash beforehand to break it down a bit.
- 1.5 Cups of raw chunks of butternut squash, peeled and seeded (steamed optional)
- 3 Cups of orange juice (fresh-about 3 oranges)
- 1 Cup of mango (or just 1 mango)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg and/or Cinnamon
- Banana slices or mango cubes
- In a high speed blender place the mango, butternut squash, and about a cup of the juice. Blend until incorporated.
- Slowly increase the speed, this is to to prevent too much foam on top.
- Add the remaining juice and the cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- Allow ingredients to fully mix.
- Serve and garnish with the rest of the ingredients.
Are you into summer soups as much as we are? If so, look no further because we've got 5 more amazing raw soup recipes below:
1. Raw Carrot Avocado Soup: This soup is more hearty than we expected … quite robust and satisfying, and super simple to make.
2. Minty Strawberry and Zucchini Chilled Soup: This is a sweet n' simple, gluten-free n' vegan chilled soup that will cool you off even on the hottest day of the year.
3. Raw Asparagus Soup: This is one of the most nutritiously soup you can ever have.
4. Raw Tomato Red Pepper Soup: A beautiful colored soup for the most cheerfully sunny times of year.
5. Raw Cream of Broccoli Mushroom Soup: A little tip, to make this creamy and hearty soup, marinate and dehydrate the veggies and mushrooms just a bit before making the soup.