With holiday cookies and treats around every turn, my sweet tooth is out of control during the holidays. So to satisfy it without consuming unhealthy junk food and calorie-laden sweets, I try to have a vitamin- and fiber-packed fruit dessert every night after dinner.
Satisfy that chocolate craving with Chocolate & Banana. A drizzle of melted chocolate chips over banana slices makes an easy treat.
Chocolate & Banana
1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 banana, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon nonfat vanilla yogurt
Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave. Top banana slices with the chocolate and yogurt.
Makes 1 serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 117 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 277 mg potassium.
- Warm, flavorful raspberries make a pleasing contrast to cool orange slices in Orange Slices with Warm Raspberries. Another winter favorite-fresh pineapple- can stand in for the oranges.
- Mango Brulee is a simple but elegant dessert that brings a taste of the tropics to your table.
- Vanilla-infused ricotta cheese is the perfect foil for saucy poached figs in Marsala-Poached Figs over Ricotta.
- Easy Tropical Fruits with Pistachios & Coconut is ready in 10 minutes and is packed with vitamin C.
By Michelle Edelbaum
Michelle is the associate editor of interactive for EatingWell Media Group. In between editing and writing, she enjoys sampling the tasty results of the easy, healthy recipes that the EatingWell Test Kitchen cooks are working on.
Related Links from EatingWell:
Get food news, healthy recipes, health tips and more at EatingWell.com.
- Find recipes for your favorite comfort foods in EatingWell's new book, Comfort Foods Made Healthy.
- Sign up for EatingWell's free weekly newsletters and get healthy recipes, diet tips and nutrition news delivered right to your inbox.
- Get a free trial issue when you subscribe to EatingWell Magazine.