YumSugarSource: 6 DIY Snacks For the Road (and 6 Alternatives When You're on the Run)
No car trip is complete without plenty of snacks to keep you fueled and awake on the open road. If you're feeling ambitious, we've got six homemade versions of snack favorites, but if time isn't on your side, we've also included six store-bought options from brands we know and love.
- Make Your Own: Beef Jerky: Beef jerky isn't that difficult to make at home. Just marinate the beef slices and bake on a low temperature for four hours.
- On the Go, Grab: Krave Jerky: Smoky, spicy, and a tad sweet, Krave Jerky's Sweet Honey Chipotle flavor ($7) will make you crave more.
- Make Your Own: Baked Potato Chips: Baked potato chips have the same crispy, salty factors as regular fried potato chips, but they aren't as oily.
- On the Go, Grab: Kettle Baked Chips: Thin, crunchy, and lightly salted, the Kettle Brand Sea Salt Baked Potato Chips ($16 for five bags, four ounces each) are far removed from the other cardboard-like baked chips on the market.
- Make Your Own: Cracker Jacks: Making homemade Cracker Jacks isn't as complicated as it sounds. It takes less than half an hour to make the caramel-coated peanut and popcorn snack.
- On the Go, Grab: 479° Popcorn: One large canister of 479° Fleur de Sel Caramel Popcorn ($16) has no chance of survival in a crowded car. This heirloom popcorn has a sweet and salty caramel coating that is so buttery rich, it makes up for its outrageous price.
10 Car-Friendly Foods to Pack on a Road Trip
Healthy and Packable Snacks That Make Long Road Trips Fun
Summer Survival Guide: Healthy Road Trip Snacks
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook