YumSugarSource: 6 Must Haves to Try This Month
The Summer heat's in full swing, July 4 is just around the corner, and our grill's fired up and ready to go! What else could we need for the best season ever? Well, funny you ask: we've got a few can't-live-without items on our minds. Keep reading to find out what they are; we promise you'll covet them, too.
- Lobel's Sliders: Lobel's of New York, the Upper East Side's incomparable meat specialists, have rolled out Natural Prime Beef ($19) and Wagyu Beef ($25) sliders just in time for grilling season. If you're into a grassy beef flavor, opt for the natural prime - or, if you'd rather your meat melt in your mouth, reach for the wagyu beef. You can't go wrong either way at your next party.
- Chandon "American Summer" Brut Classic: We've always loved Chandon's crisp, full-bodied Brut sparkling wine, and now there's even more reason to buy it this month: the limited-edition "American Summer" bottling is the perfect way to show your stars and stripes this Independence Day. Buy a full 750 ml bottle to share ($24), or follow in our footsteps with these 187 ml-sized personal bottles ($8). What better way to sip in style as you picnic amongst the fireworks?
- Eat London 2: With the Summer Olympics less than a month away, we're obsessed with all things London-related - especially where to eat. Thankfully, Peter Prescott and Terence Conran, the authors of Eat London, have us covered with a spanking-new guide, Eat London 2, a picturesque guide that offers London-goers insight into 300 of the city's best places to eat. Can't make it there this Summer to try, say, the bread and butter pudding at Albion? Not to worry: Eat London 2 offers the recipe for that, plus 59 other dishes.
More from YumSugar: 6 Healthy Grilling Gadgets to Fire You Up For Summer
- Ben & Jerry's Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Frozen Yogurt: It's rare to find an ice cream flavor that is adored across the board, but when we recently taste tested Ben & Jerry's Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Frozen Yogurt ($5), the froyo earned a stunning perfect score of 5. Tart Greek yogurt, authentic blueberry flavored swirl, and honey graham cracker crumbs, this will be your favorite frozen dessert of the Summer.
- DIY Cheese-Making Kit: Williams-Sonoma's DIY Cheese-Making Kit ($30) gives you all the equipment needed (minus the milk) to create homemade cheeses in less than an hour. There are two kits available, so if cow's milk is your preference, make ricotta to top on your breakfast fruit bowls or mozzarella for your Summer pizzas. Otherwise, goat cheese fans can create chèvre to crumble on salads or pair with a baguette.
- Dalmatia Sour Cherry Spread: Sour cherry season is rightthisminute, but the category of cherries (which come in varieties like Montmorency and Early Richmond) are native only to the Midwest. Rather than spending a fortune to buy sour cherries online (let's face it: they won't be as fresh, anyway), I'm getting my fix with Dalmatia's Sour Cherry Spread, which I picked up in the cheese section of Whole Foods. It's fantastic on toast for breakfast or with brie and almonds as a crostini appetizer.
- Additional reporting by Anna Monette Roberts
Taste the States: 50 Iconic American Foods From A to Z
This Summer, Go Tropical With Hot Dogs
BBQ U: Smoking 101
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook