Play up your eyes with sparkly makeup this season.
The classic little black dress made popular in the 1920s by fashion designer Coco Chanel is the one of the most versatile wardrobe staples for every woman. Whether you aim for a classic chic look during the holidays, or a sultry provocative look, you cannot go wrong with a black dress. Here are some cool new ways to accessorize your black dress for a head-turning statement look.
1. Layer - When it comes to the hottest silhouette of the season, peplums rule. Layer your lightweight black dress with a metallic peplum jacket and belt it up for an instant dose of elegance.
2. Use a belt - Belts highlight your contours and complement your curves. A flouncy black dress can be toned down with a wide shimmery belt and the look can be completed with simple jewelry and pointy-toe pumps.
3. Add jewels - Accessories play a prominent role in sprucing up any look. Style your black dress with tons of jewels - think stacking bracelets as the perfect arm candy, tear-drop earrings and an intriguing antique-inspired arty oval ring. Also in vogue are cuffs bracelets and traditional bohemian bangles.
4. Embellish - Wear a sleeveless black sheath dress with a ornate-printed lace golden top. Complete the rich and alluring black and the gold combination with gold earrings and coordinating shoes.
5. Add a trendy collar - When it comes to decorating the simplest of dress, collared accessories are the talk of the town. Whether you're looking for jeweled distraction or a vintage vibe, plenty options are available to achieve that signature look.
6. Flaunt your face - Distract the eyes from the dress by drawing attention to the face. Make it a focal point- whether it's bold eyes or vintage red lips, play with your best feature to amp up your holiday look.
7. Use hair ornaments - Another hottest beauty trend to rule the runways are hair ornaments. Experts at Elle suggest, "From cosmic hairpins to ceremonial floral headpieces, adding a little embellishment is a very good thing this fall." Use a statement ornament to revamp your festive look.
8. Rock it - Need an edgy look for the evening? Pair your black dress with a printed moto jacket and leather booties. A studded bag adds the right oomph to the rock-star image.
As the festive season draws nearer and you find yourself amidst throngs of party invitations and with limited budget to spare, just remember to work a new look with a dress you already own. Bask in the spirit of the season and enjoy every moment.
Have a great holiday and remember when it comes to enjoying drinks this season, please enjoy responsibly and know when to say when. Take the Anheuser-Busch pledge to drink responsibly.Content by Reena Das.