YumSugarSource: 9 Inventive Recipes For the Kale-Curious
We've all heard about the bounty of benefits a heaping helping of kale has to offer our stomachs and taste buds, but actually putting the dark, leafy green on your plate is a whole different story. Most of the time people are curious about kale, but they're just not sure how to cook it up. We've taken the hassle and heartache out of the process, and here is our delicious offering: nine yummy recipes that incorporate some kale into your next culinary endeavor.
- Pomegranate-Hazelnut Winter Greens Salad: Swiss chard and lacinato kale make for quite the dynamic duo in a pomegranate-hazelnut Winter greens salad, perfectly fit for the season.
- Kale Chips: Grab a bundle of Tuscan kale and bake up these simple and savory kale chips. But beware - you'll be craving this crunchy snack constantly!
- Lemony Kale Salad with Feta: We're not sure what's better about this pine nut and feta-topped kale salad from Fresh Tart: its leftover-friendly nature (like many kale salads it can handle, and arguably improves with an overnight sit in the fridge), or its bold flavors and ease of preparation. Either way, its more than worthy of an inclusion in your salad repertoire.
- Kale and Burrata Bruschetta: Creamy burrata and garlicky sautéed kale combine for a vegetarian-friendly appetizer equally at home as a weeknight nibble as it is at a cocktail party.
- Steamed Kale: Steamed kale takes a mere five minutes to cook and is a blank-slate side practically begging to be dressed up with whatever flavors you're craving. Our current fix: a splash of fish sauce, lime juice, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for an Asian-inspired twist.
- Spicy Miso Kale Chips: Salty-savory miso and a sprinkle of shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven-spice powder) dress up already-irresistible kale chips for a virtuous snack you'll devour with vigor.
- Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad: A constant fixture on our tables, ribboned kale and brussels sprouts salad is heartier than most, mighty delicious, and highly adaptable (just stick to some sort of tart fruit and salty nut combination). Take a stab at it whether you have all of the ingredients stocked or not!
- Creamy Kale Dip: Love spinach artichoke dip but looking for a new take on the decadent appetizer? Look no further than FitSugar's creamy kale dip that's bolstered by delicate ricotta cheese - bonus points if you make your own ultra-creamy ricotta.
- Sausage, Cannellini, and Kale Soup: With Winter here, there's no better time to cook up a big pot of hot soup. For a comforting bowl to heat you up, try sausage, cannellini, and kale soup. It's an easy way to sneak a hefty helping of kale into your night.
Get all these delicious kale-rific recipes here!
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook