While some may be on the fence about whether or not to celebrate Valentine's Day, I welcome any opportunity to gift and receive delicious goodies in the name of Love! Furthermore, I believe that everyone deserves to be in on the action.
Here's my gift guide for the many wonderful people in your life.
1. For Him: Though it's traditional for the lady to receive chocolates, our men need a little recognition too. John Kelly Chocolates (pictured right) makes the most delicious truffle fudge bites that quite literally melt in your mouth and send you to Heaven. John Kelly's packaging is masculine and sleek, making it the perfect present to gift your guy.
Related: The Real Reason Men Hate Valentine's Day
2. For Her: Gentleman, if you want to score some serious points with your lady this Valentine's Day, invest in a gorgeous box of chocolates by K Chocolatier . Intoxicate her with the delicious vodka balls, or her delight her with the dark chocolate truffles that were once hand-made for Jackie O. When the chocolate's all gone, the box with paper mache roses can be used for keepsakes for years to come.
3. For the Kids: Teuscher Chocolates from Switzerland not only makes some of the most delectable chocolates, but also they boast the most whimsical and playful packaging. Treat your daughter to a small ladybug box, or your son to a lion box. But don't forget to treat yourself to their famous, signature champagne truffles first! Totally divine.
Related: Dear Whys Guy: "Do Guys Believe in Finding One True Love?"
4. For the Health Nut: Not everyone is excited to sink their teeth into butter and sugar. Fear not, now health nuts can receive sweet love this Valentine's day too with a box of Benchic Chocolates . These homemade, raw, organic, and vegan treats are made with only six simple ingredients that are all actually good for you! And the craziest part? The even taste extraordinary.
5.For Mom: No one deserves a little TLC more than mom. Honor her with Godiva chocolates, or think outside the box with their healthier fruit options, like chocolate dipped strawberries, bananas, and berry cups.
Related: Could You Love a Man Who Wears Skinny Jeans?
6. For Dad: Let Dad know he'll always be your first Prince Charming with some exquisite chocolates from La Maison du Chocolat . These fine treats are shipped in daily from France and come in a sleek, brown box that's nice and manly.
7. For Your Girlfriends: Whether your friends are in relationships or not, show that they are loved with darling, cellophane-wrapped baggies of these delicious mini-cookies by Baking Betty's. Each treat is baked from scratch and made to order. Their signature cookies sport soft and sweet marshmallows that make them effortlessly light and totally enjoyable!
Related: The Most Original Way to End an Argument with Your Spouse
8. For Your Guy Friends: Yes, even your platonic guy friend or brother can partake in this holiday thanks to your thoughtfulness. Be their hero with a box of Cookies By Joey. These massive cookies are legendary for their extreme deliciousness. Indeed, they may be the best cookies he'll ever have. Make sure he shares though or his friend status will be seriously jeopardized.
9. For the Office: There's something for everyone in a box for Fairtytale Brownies . These individually wrapped gourmet, Belgium brownies are soft, rich, and divine. With flavors like peanut butter, mint, walnut, toffee, and more, you're sure to have a happy ending.
Related: Valentine's Day Plans Generator
To see these reviews and more, check out the Dessert Darling, where Jenny Alden critiques and reviews all desserts with a 5-cherry rating system.
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- Get a Flat Tummy in 2 Minutes
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.