YumSugarSource: 9 Salty Snacks That Pair Well With Beer
Whether you're prepping for a St. Patrick's Day party or simply planning to sip a few beers this weekend, these salty snacks are perfect to pair with your favorite brew. From simple baked ham chips to spicy stuffed jalapeños, these nine delicious, salty picks can be tried with a cold beer.
- Carbonara Potato Skins: Creamy carbonara sauce and diced pancetta make these carbonara potato skins a must-try salty snack. Even better? The delicious blend of cheeses: mascarpone, mozzarella, and pecorino.
- Pancetta-Wrapped Asparagus: Crispy, juicy, salty - what's not to love about pancetta-wrapped asparagus? It's a quick, simple recipe that's sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Stuffed Jalapeños: Craving something spicy with your brew? Try stuffed jalapeños with bacon, whipped cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and a cilantro sauce topping.
- Ham Chips: These ham chips couldn't be simpler: sliced prosciutto baked and served on its own. Want something a bit fancier? Pair the ham chips with cheese, add them to a sandwich, or serve them on crostini.
More from YumSugar: Five Enticing Appetizers to Pair With Wine
- Cheese Diablo Wafers: Spicy, rich, and easy to make, these tasty cheese diablo wafers are made with a simple combination of cheddar cheese, flour, butter, and a bit of cayenne pepper.
- Bite-Size Twice-Baked Potatoes: It's your favorite salty side dish, only smaller. These bite-size twice-baked potatoes are topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano, bacon, sour cream, plus chives and fresh thyme.
- Baked Potato Chips: These simple baked potato chips prove that basic doesn't have to mean boring. Thin slices of russet potatoes plus salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper make these a healthy, go-to salty snack.
- Pigs in a Blanket: Wrap your favorite brand of hot dogs in puff pastry dough to make these delicious pigs in a blanket. Pair the mini meat snack with cheese or mustard for an extra dose of flavor.
- Grilled Bread: Make this simple grilled bread by adding olive oil, salt, and pepper to a tasty baguette, then top it with your favorite spread (pimento cheese, anyone?).
Think Green For St. Patrick's Day
Green Cocktails to Sip on For St. Patrick's Day
Instagram Challenge: Eating Green
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook