These handmade food and drink options by America's best artisans are fabulous edible presents.
Do you prefer to make something with your own hands? We have recipes for great homemade food gifts, too.
1. Mary Louise is a fixture in Austin, Texas, where she's known for her Homemade Butters Brownies. Her Brownie Butts line - made from the edges, or "butts," of brownies - is available in quirky flavors like the blonde brownie - aptly named Marilyn, à la Monroe - made with butter, toasty pecans, and a drop of molasses. There's also a beer flavor called Seriously Stout, which has roasted malt barley. All brownies are made with organic chocolate.
2. These aren't your average syrups. The twist? They're handmade from coffee beans instead of corn. The JAVA Artisan Syrup Sampler includes four flavors: Colombian-infused Original, French Vanilla, Hazelnut-based JAVA Nut, and Dark Jamaican rum flavored TiRUMisu.
3. Sweet Revolution's Organic Maple Honey Caramels are handmade in San Francisco by the only American confectioner making certified organic salted caramels. The maple honey caramel box comprises Maple, Dairy, Honey, Sea Salt, and Vanilla Bean.
4. Spread the joy of a white Christmas with a holiday tea blend like Harney & Sons' White Christmas Tea, which comes in a festive green and white tin. The handpicked white tea is a mix of almonds, vanilla, cardamom, and white chamomile.
5. Concocted from LouLou's Garden in Northern California, this Rose Petal Jam is an elegant condiment perfect on bread, scones, or - as the owner recommends - yogurt. It's handmade from garden roses mixed with sugar, lemon, and natural pectin from green apples.
Want to see more? Keep reading this article.
More Holiday Gift Ideas:The Best American-Made Gifts
Great Gardening Gifts All Under $25
Perfect Presents, Priced Right
Holiday Wreath Gifts
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.