These healthy muffins are sweetened with agave -- the perfect way to start your morning.
Yields: 1 dozen muffins
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 400
- 1 cup(s) old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup(s) cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) almond milk
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly grated lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
2. In food processor or blender, pulse oats until finely ground. Transfer to large bowl. In same processor, pulse cranberries and 1 tablespoon agave syrup until chopped.
3. Into bowl with oats, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. In medium bowl, whisk almond milk, oil, egg, lemon peel, and remaining 3 tablespoons agave until well blended. Add almond-milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just mixed. Fold in cranberry mixture.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month. Reheat in toaster oven or microwave.
More from Good Housekeeping: