Baked Eggs Makes 4 servings
Since there is one of me, but four of these eggs, I make all of the spinach mushroom mixture at once, then let half of it cool and chill until the next (makes an extra-quick option on day two). Also--who am I kidding--I usually eat two of the baked eggs, so this really makes 4 baked egg cups but 2 servings.
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
5 ounces baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup thinly sliced crimini or button mushrooms
1/3 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 large eggs
1-2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
Related: Mushroom Asparagus Quiche Recipe
1. Position oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add spinach and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Wipe skillet dry, then cook onion and garlic in remaining tbsp olive oil over medium heat, about 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
4. Stir in the milk, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach. Bring to a simmer.
5. Spoon mixture into 4 buttered ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin.
6. Bake, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes until egg whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny.
7. Season eggs with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
More from GalTime.com:
- Top Pinterest Pages for Cooks and Foodies
- Tasty Tomato and Apple Tart Recipe
- Bruschetta with Sauteed Greens and Manchego