Nut Butter & Cinnamon-Filled Frozen Banana PopsA healthy and delicious frozen treat! With summer fast approaching, this is a great warm-weather snack that packs protein and fruit into an easy-to-eat treat kids will love. My toddler has a little difficulty eating foods off a stick still, so I leave out the stick for her and just cut it into rounds she can eat with her fingers.Nut Butter & Cinnamon-Filled Frozen Banana Pops
1/3 cup creamy nut butter (I like a combination of almond and peanut)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
6 wooden craft sticks
Related: Ice cream ducklings, volcano sundaes, and 30 more clever desserts
Yields 6 servings
1. Mix nut butter and cinnamon together.
2. Cut each banana in half and then slice each half lengthwise.
3. On one side of each half, spread the nut butter mixture and press a stick flat onto it, about halfway up. Add other half of the banana and press together. Freeze for about 45 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan (or in a microwavable bowl), melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together, stirring until smooth. With a spatula or table knife, spread a thin layer of the chocolate over the outside of the banana. Freeze for another five minutes, until the chocolate is frozen.
5. Serve frozen. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three days.
By Janssen Bradshaw
Follow Janssen on Spoonful
For 19 refreshing homemade ice pops, visit Spoonful!
MORE ON SPOONFUL
12 creative twists on classic banana bread
31 frozen treats that will make your day sweeter
Cookie dough bites, chocolate cream sandwiches, and 25 more decadent desserts
Apple burritos, fruity nachos, and 34 more unique treats for kids
Stay connected. Follow Spoonful on Facebook and Twitter.