This spinach dip has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. Not just for Easter - my mom would make it for birthday parties, New Year's Eve, and at any other celebration that us kids would beg her to make it! It's such an easy recipe... all you have to do is toss everything in the blender! And I will swear to you... this is the BEST spinach dip recipe in the world. Hands down. Like I said - it's so easy, so just try it out and see!
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- a dash of onion powder
- a dash of garlic powder
- French bread
- Break the spinach leaves off of the stems, discard the stems and any bad looking leaves.
- Wash the spinach very well.
- Put the spinach, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor, blend until smooth. You might have to add the spinach in several batches, blending it in between, since an entire bunch of spinach takes a lot of room. When you add the spinach, try to mix it into the sour cream/mayonnaise or the already blended dip - this makes it so the spinach is heavier and will sink to the bottom where the blades are. Otherwise it takes forever to blend it all!
- Chill the spinach dip. (You could eat it right away and it will still be good, but trust me, it is SO much better cold!)
- When you are ready to eat the spinach dip, cut the French bread into cubes.
- Generously dip the bread into the dip, and enjoy!