Quinoa can be used in so many different ways! Bethenny talked about the grain on the show today and included it in this easy recipe.
1 cup quinoa (toasted)
2 cups water
1 15.5-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup olive oil
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. First, briefly soak the quinoa in cold water. You can use a fine mesh strainer to remove the saponin - the natural, bitter protective coating on quinoa.
2. Drizzle olive oil in a pan and add one cup of quinoa. Toast it over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Toasting brings out the flavor.
3. Add two cups of water. (Remember the 1, 2, 3 rule: 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water = about 3 cups cooked quinoa.) Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat and cover. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and fluffy.
4. Scoop the quinoa into a large bowl using a spatula.
5. Stir in in the other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Do you need cooking tips and tricks? Do you struggle with cooking and feel clueless about how to prepare anything that doesn't come from a box? Are you a busy mom who finds it hard to find time to make a healthy meal? Do you have a cooking disaster story? If you want to cook with Bethenny, write in now!More From Bethenny:
Bethenny's Comfort Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Do You Need Bethenny's Help with Cooking?
Bethenny's Turkey Bolognese Sauce