brain cupcakesBrains. BRAINS! Halloween zombies want brain cupcakes! Gross out your little trick-or-treaters with this deliciously ghoulish cupcake decorated with brain-like frosting. It's easier than it looks. Just pipe on that brain-colored frosting on any flavored cupcake, though we think red velvet makes the best brain cupcake. We've hunted down the recipe and a how-to video right here.
More from The Stir: A Halloween Wicked Witch Cupcakes Recipe to Make Your Family Cackle
Brain Cupcakes Recipe via Epicurious
- Pink or white paper cupcake liners
- 1 recipe batter for Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 recipe Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Red and black food coloring
- Pastry bag and large round tip
1. Line cupcake tins with the liners. Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full with the batter and bake the cupcakes as directed in the recipe.
2. Mix a drop of red and black food coloring into the frosting to make it a pinkish gray brain color.
3. Using the pastry bag, pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on half of each cupcake top (brains have two hemispheres, you know). Now pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on the other half of the cupcake top.
More from The Stir: Vampire Cupcake Recipe Edward & Bella Would Kill For
I love how quick and easy Mellorsah on YouTube makes this look!
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via Shauna Younge Dessert Tables/Flickr
More from The Stir: