YumSugarSource: Breakfast Recipes That Make Great Dinners, Too
Regularly find yourself pining for breakfast foods as the sun goes down? You'll love these perfect-anytime recipes for foods that are usually reserved for a morning meal. From eggs to sausage to French toast strata, these sweet and savory bites are sure to satisfy no matter when your hunger strikes. Here are some delicious breakfast recipes to try for dinner, whether it's a sandwich you crave or something a bit lighter.
- Spinach, Egg, and Manchego Grilled Cheese: Regularly serve tomato soup with grilled cheese for dinner? Amp up your soup-and-sandwich combo by cooking a grilled cheese with egg, which packs an extra protein punch. With sourdough bread and manchego cheese, it's a definite step up from your usual standby.
- Vegetable Frittata: If you ever crave eggs in the evening, you'll love this vegetable frittata. Boost the egg-based dish with crumbled goat cheese and your favorite chopped veggies for a healthy, satisfying supper.
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Tart: Try a twist on pizza night with a puff pastry-based bacon and egg breakfast tart topped off with crème fraîche, Gruyère cheese, and freshly snipped chives.
- Salmon Sausage Patties: If meat is a must-have part of your nighttime meal, cook up some salmon sausage patties. This recipe from Chef Luethje at the Miraval Resort & Spa may be low-carb, low-fat, and gluten-free, but it still packs plenty of flavor, thanks to chili powder, paprika, cumin, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
More from YumSugar: 8 Fresh Starts to Your Day
- The Stanwich: It's not your typical bacon-and-egg sandwich. The Stanwich includes bacon, scrambled eggs, and caramelized onion on fresh ciabatta bread with aged Cheddar cheese. Think of it as your favorite breakfast basic, only better.
- Homemade Breakfast Burrito: The word "breakfast" may be in its name, but this homemade breakfast burrito recipe is sure to satisfy at any time of day. With everyday staples like potato, bell pepper, and cheese, this burrito will have you making it again and again.
- Creamy White Mushroom Scrambled Eggs: Give your typical scrambled eggs a mushroom makeover to make them dinner-appropriate. With garlic, nutmeg, and walnut or truffle oil, these creamy white mushroom scrambled eggs are anything but ordinary.
- French Toast Strata With Chicken Sausage: Light and fluffy challah bread turns into the perfect dinner base in this French toast strata with chicken sausage recipe. Savory chicken sausage serves as an ideal opposite to the sweet bread, making it a fitting dish for morning, noon, or night.
- Open-Faced Egg Sandwich: Thanks to creamy avocado and grated Parmesan, this open-faced egg sandwich recipe is a great way to give your evening meal an a.m. twist.
For a Fresh Start, Reach For These Greek Yogurt Mix-Ins
5 Colorful Fast and Easy Dinners
5 Fast and Easy Meals That Won't Break the Bank
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook