A tasty twist on tacos.With only 6 ingredients and a short bake time, this dish works well for busy nights! It's bound to be a hit with traditional taco lovers.
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
2 cups mild salsa
2 cups corn kernels
1 package taco seasoning
15 corn tortillas, 6" size
1. Combine chicken and taco seasoning; toss to coat.
2. Mix chicken, salsa, corn and 2 cups of cheese together until well blended.
3. Cut 3 of the tortillas in half and layer 4 whole tortillas and 2 halves into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish, making 5 tortillas total per layer. Spread half the chicken mixture over the tortillas and top with 5 more tortillas; 4 whole and 2 halves.
4. Layer with remaining chicken mixture and corn tortillas on the very top. Sprinkle with the last half cup of cheese and cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- By Anne Coleman