Bon Appétit | March 2011
yield: Makes 4 servings
active time: 25 minutes
total time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, coarsely crushed in resealable bag with mallet
- 16 sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 navel orange, peel and pit removed, cut between membranes into segments
print a shopping list for this recipe
Whisk juice concentrate, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and cilantro in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Place crushed coriander seeds on plate. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper, then press both sides in coriander to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook until golden brown and just opaque in center, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
Divide greens, orange, and scallops among 4 plates. Drizzle dressing over.
MORE FROM EPICURIOUS.COM