flikr.comCheck out foodreview101.com for more recipes, ideas, and reviews.
Mothers day is just around the corner and will be here in about two weeks now so why not start planning your breakfast in bed menu? A really simple recipe is this crustless quiche that doesn't require much time but looks quite impressive on the plate. This recipe is for the base of the recipe, while the additional ingredients could be whatever she likes best. Perhaps she's a big fan of bell peppers and onions, or maybe she loves cheese with her eggs; the additional ingredients are totally up to you and will be added just before you pour your mixture into the pan and baked in the oven.
- 2 cups milk (whole or low-fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (cheddar, Parmesan, goat)
- 1 1/2 cups of filling of your choice (vegetables, meat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and yolks in large glass measuring cup. Season with salt, pepper to taste. Spread half the desired filling evenly in the pan, top with about half the cheese; repeat with remaining filling and cheese. Pour the remaining mixture over the fillings. Top with more herbs or cheese if you please.
- Bake until the quiche is set in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on a rack before serving.