Nothing could be easier than this version of the classic baked apple, which can be made in only minutes in your microwave.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
Related: 8 Ridiculously Easy No-Bake Desserts
- 4 small apples
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons(s) ground nutmeg
- 8 teaspoon(s) dried cherries
- 4 teaspoon(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) trans-fat free vegetable oil spread (60 to 70 percent oil)
- 8 teaspoons(s) chopped walnuts
Related: Irresistible Apple Dessert Recipes
1. Cut off top 1/2 inch from each apple. With melon baller, core through stem ends without breaking through bottom.
2. Place in glass pie plate; sprinkle with sugar and spices. Divide cherries, water, and vegetable oil spread among cavities and tops of apples.
3. Cover; microwave on Medium-High (70 percent power) 8 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes. Top with walnuts.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 145; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 2g
More from Good Housekeeping: