Using sweet potatoes rather than traditional white adds flavorful depth and a vitamin boost to this recipe.
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
• 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
• 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes
Plus: 49 Kid-Friendly Family Recipes »
1. Prepare the sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, oil, and spice mixture. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
2.Bake the fries: On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through -- about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
Our Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Decorating »
17 Lightened-Up Versions of Your Favorite Recipes »
43 Dishes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer »
20 Recipes to Make with What's In Your Pantry »
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.