Source: Easter Extras: What to Make With Hard-Boiled Eggs
Aside from all the chocolates and bunny Easter motifs, one thing you'll probably have left over come Monday is hard-boiled eggs. Sure, they might be colored bright pink or have flower stickers on them, but that doesn't mean you have to throw them out. Whip up delicious dishes with these ideas on how to prepare them - grated, stuffed, you name it. Click on and get cracking.
- Asparagus With Grated Egg and Vinaigrette: Nope, that's not cheese on top of the asparagus. Grating - yes, grating - eggs is a crucial step in making this asparagus and vinaigrette treat that's just perfect for Spring.
- Salmon Kedgeree: There are so many rich flavors (think fish and spices) in a salmon kedgeree recipe that the addition of hard-boiled egg balances it out; it's also one of the reasons why the British-Indian breakfast favorite is often considered a comfort food.
- Salad Nicoise : While we're of the mindset that you could add hard-boiled eggs to just about any salad, they go especially well with salad Nicoise, which hails from Nice, France. Make your own by mixing together tuna, baby spinach, green beans, potatoes, plum tomatoes, red onion, and a seeded mustard dressing.
- Potato Salad : One of the best things about hard-boiled eggs is that you can simply add - not mix - them to a variety of dishes for a welcome texture and taste. Top a fresh potato salad (or a macaroni salad), for instance, with eggs sprinkled with paprika for that extra oomph.
More from POPSUGAR Food: 5 Spring Fruits and What to Make With Them
- Sweet and Spicy Deviled Eggs: There's just something about a basic deviled eggs recipe that's always a crowd-pleaser. Maybe it's the way the simple ingredients come together for a rich taste, but all you need to perfect it is honey dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, mayo, and, of course, hard-boiled eggs.
- Egg Curry : Don't let this Indian egg curry recipe intimidate you - it's easier to make than you think. Learn how to put it together, and let the texture and flavor of the whites and yolk surprise you in the best way possible.
- Egg Sandwich : If you're looking for a breakfast version of the classic egg salad sandwich, then consider this medley: grated boiled egg mixed with cheese sauce and green onion on toast.
- Stuffed Tomatoes : There's no doubt that stuffed tomatoes make a great party appetizer. Next time you throw a fete, consider a recipe like this relleno recipe; it calls for tuna, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, and chopped hard-boiled egg and is guaranteed to be a hit.
Charming and Culinary Treats For a Grown-Up Easter Basket
23 Adorable Easter Cupcakes For Little Chicks and Gents
Easy Easter Egg Nests That The Whole Family Can Create