By Woman's Day Kitchen
Chicken fingers are some of the only foods picky eaters will touch, but the fried dinner isn't a healthy option. These baked Crispy Tex Mex Chicken Strips, coated in crumbled tortilla chips, taste great and are better for everyone. Photo by Kat Teutsch
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Related: Fill up on 15 fiber-packed snacks.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa, plus more for serving
- 3 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, for serving
Related: See 50 surprising foods under 100 calories.
- 1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut the chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- 2. Place the salsa in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, combine the tortilla chips, scallions, and cilantro. Dip the chicken in the salsa and then the chip mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
6 Stomach-Friendly Foods
The Best Peanut Butter Brands
10 Foods to Avoid Before Having Sex