POPSUGAR FoodSource: Fame Meets Food: Oscar Nominees Talk Favorite Eats
Nachos and peanut butter - you'd be surprised at what this year's Oscar nominees call their favorite foods. Something else you'd be surprised by? Many of this season's big names can cook a mean meal (we're talking vegan soul food). Click on to read quotes from the actors and discover more food tales about Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, and more!
- Amy Adams - On why her fiancé, Darren Le Gallo, didn't hide her engagement ring in her favorite comfort food: "He knows better than to put it in nachos, because I would have eaten the ring for sure."
- Bradley Cooper - On gorging after filming for The A-Team stopped and he no longer had to follow a strict diet: "In the evening I came home, ordered three pizzas, ate them all in one go, then walked to the store and bought Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. I thought I was going to die. My stomach wasn't used to digesting that much."
- Hugh Jackman - On his favorite meal: "I'm a real foodie and into good wine. So if I was going out for my ultimate night, it would be eight to 10 friends with sensational wine and sensational food. I'm a sweet tooth, but I do love cheese. Ah, good cheese, with wine - doesn't get better than that. And I love fresh bread. Breakfast is up there as probably my favorite meal. My dad was bringing up five kids, and I had cereal and then a hot breakfast every day. I think it's healthy to eat. My dad is a great cook. I think you eat less crap when you eat good food."
More from POPSUGAR Food: 5 Tablescapes Inspired by Our Favorite Oscar Gowns!
- Anne Hathaway - On why she hadn't yet picked a dress for Oscars night: "I need to get on that, don't I? No, no preparation; I definitely have some ideas, some cool options. But no specific plans yet, no preparation. It was the Super Bowl - I couldn't think about dresses with all that delicious fried food around."
Robert De Niro - On considering himself a foodie: "I'm not a foodie, but I like good food. I have a good appetite. I'm always curious about food from different countries, different cultures. You go to a hotel and all of a sudden they're giving you Western-style stuff, and I say, 'I didn't come here for this. Where's the local stuff?'
On his guilty pleasure: "Sometimes peanut butter - even peanut butter and jelly. Rarely."
- Jennifer Lawrence - On eating before walking the red carpet: "15 minutes before, the guy doing my hair goes, 'If you can get a salad, get a salad.' I said, 'I'm getting a Philly cheesesteak.' I'm sure there's proof on a hotel bill somewhere."
More from POPSUGAR Food: Celebrate the Oscars by Bringing Hollywood Glitz to the Tabletop
- Jessica Chastain - On cooking vegan soul food for Octavia Spencer, her costar from The Help: "That woman knows nothing about cooking at all. And she's not a vegan, so she didn't know how to cook that; she would come over to my house to eat vegan food!"
- Helen Hunt - On savoring food: "I do eat well. I try to love my body. That is what I tell my daughter. I say, 'Love every bite of food. Love your body. We're all going to be dead soon.' Actually, I don't say that last thing to her."
See What Wolfgang Puck's Cooking For the 2013 Oscars Governors Ball
Get the Dish: Wolfgang Puck's Smoked Salmon Pizza