The secrets to this dish are quick-cooking brown rice, pre-cut frozen vegetables, and ready-to-use stir-fry sauce.
Total Time: 15 min
Related: 17 Must-Try Rice Recipes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 pound(s) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 package(s) (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stir-fry
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) stir-fry sauce
1. Prepare rice as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place three layers paper towels. Place tofu on towels and top with three more layers paper towels. Gently press tofu with hand to extract excess moisture.
3. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add frozen vegetables; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to bowl; keep warm.
4. In same skillet, heat remaining 4 teaspoons oil until hot. Add tofu and cook 5 minutes, gently stirring. Stir in rice and cook 4 minutes longer.
5. With spatula, push rice mixture around edge of skillet, leaving space in center. Add eggs to center of skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring eggs until scrambled. Add stir-fry sauce, vegetables, and 1/4 cup water; cook 1 minute, stirring.
More from Good Housekeeping: