This year, have a Veg-tastic Memorial Day BBQ by including a few vegetarian and vegan-friendly options to your grill. Even if you don't go all-veg this Memorial Day, you are bound to have a few vegetarian guests. So these recipes are sure to please! Here are five fabulous veg-friendly BBQ recipes (burgers and dogs galore!)..
Whip up one of these recipes and I promise your veg guests will be quite impressed!
makes 4 patties, vegan
1/2 cup bread crumbs, fine
1 can white cannellini beans, drained
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or more bread crumbs)
dash chipotle powder
dash garlic powder
dash black pepper
Directions: Hand mash all ingredients, form patties and grill.
2-3 ears corn, husks removed - kept whole - stem in tact
1/4 cup vegan jack cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp vegan butter - or vegan mayo
1/4 cup nutritional yeast - yellow cheezy flavor
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
garnish: lime wedges and chopped cilantro
1. Prep your spices dish by combining all dry ingredients and setting aside on a plate - then boil your husked corn until tender. Less is more if your corn is fresh!
2. Wipe down your corn so it is dry - but be careful because it will still be quite hot from boiling.
3. Rub the corn in butter or mayo - until slathered on all sides.
4. Now quickly roll your slathered corn in your spice mix. Do this only once - too much handling and the spices will begin to clump. Place each corn on a serving platter.
5. Dash a bit of extra chili spice over top your coated corn. Sprinkle cheese over top. Garnish and serve!
3. Black Bean Burgers with Fiesta Slaw
5. Classic Beachy Summer Hot Dogs - all the toppings
MORE ON BABBLE:
Read it and eat! 12 treats inspired by your kids' favorite books
12 fun foods with faces! Make the most out of playing with your food
Hand it over! 14 snacks moms can eat with one hand
Eat like an (angry) bird! 9 foods inspired by everyone's favorite finch-flinging game
Pig out! 21 beyond-normal bacon recipes
Get updated on all the best recipes. Follow Family Kitchen on Facebook and Twitter.