- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Related: Spicy Turkey Legs Recipe
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides; drain. Combine the water, garlic and seasonings; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for gravy, pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup; skim and discard fat. Transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice beef; serve with gravy.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 3 ounces cooked beef with 4-1/2 teaspoons gravy equals 183 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
More from GalTime.com:
- Salmon Spaghetti with Plum Tomatoes and Avocado
- Basil Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Delish Fish... Tacos!
- Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing, Toasted Pecans