nachosMy family eats nachos as a late night snack after a bar-b-q, with the exception of my Grandfather. He wants his nachos the second all the ingredients are available. We have to remind him to be patient, the meat isn't ready yet, or I haven't grated the cheese. Something about this crunchy concoction makes him go bonkers. I love to overhear my Aunts say things like "Get Daddy's nachos," or " Serve Daddy his nachos." Like little girls making sure their father is happy. I'll be sure to serve my Grandfather his nachos this Father's Day, plain and simple… just the way he likes them. Enjoy!
Related: Purple ketchup ... and 7 more failed food products you'll never eat again
Ingredients for nachos:
- corn tortilla chips
- refried beans
- grated monterey jack cheese
- chopped up carne asada
- crema or sour cream
- salsa (red or green)
- Place corn tortilla chips in a bowl or on a plate.
- Pour some refried beans over the top while beans are hot.
- Sprinkle grated jack cheese over the top of the beans
- Take a piece of carne asada and chop it up, then add it to the top of the cheese covered beans.
- Garnish plate with guacamole, crema or sour cream, and salsa.
- I eat mine with a fork, but my grandfather eats his with his hands.
-By Nicole Presley
For 8 more awesome nachos recipes, visit Babble!
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
24 ooey, gooey mac 'n' cheese recipes