YumSugarSource: Makin' Bacon: 15 Mouthwatering Bacon Dishes
News of an impending bacon shortage has our minds on the briny breakfast delight. Rather than curtailing our consumption, we'll feast on the game-changing ingredient, starting with these 15 fabulous bacon-enhanced treats.
- Caramelized Leek, Goat Cheese, and Bacon Dip: Bacon adds a great crunchy texture to this creamy, savory dip that also features caramelized leek and goat cheese.
- Individual Bacon and Spinach Quiches: Bolster brunch with these hearty individual bacon and spinach quiches.
- Sweet Potato-Bacon Endive Boats: Who says bacon can't be elegant? These endive boats filled with sweet potatoes and bacon are like a more sophisticated baked potato.
- Oven-Roasted Bacon: Bacon purists, try this life-changing method for roasting bacon in the oven. It's less messy than skillet-crisped slices, and the texture can be controlled to a closer degree - perfect for persnickety perfectionists. For a slightly sweet alternative, try maple-syrup-glazed roast bacon.
- Oysters Casino: This butter and bacon-basted bivalve appetizer can be prepared almost entirely ahead of time, making it an excellent option for entertaining.
More from YumSugar: 3 Healthy Ways to Splurge on Salty Foods
- Bacon and Tomato Pasta: For a fast and easy dinner that is totally satisfying, make bacon and tomato pasta.
- Turkey and Bacon Club Sandwich: Bacon's crisp and chewy texture plays nicely with avocado, cheddar, and turkey in a fully loaded club sandwich.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates: For the perfect salty-sweet combo, whip up a batch of bacon-wrapped dates for your next gathering.
- Bacon-Wrapped Persimmons: Once your guests have devoured the last batch of bacon-wrapped dates, move on to their equally delicious counterparts: bacon-wrapped persimmons!
- Spicy Bacon Spaghetti: Bacon's richness complements fiery jalapeño peppers in this fast and easy spaghetti recipe.
More from YumSugar: Would You Drink a Bacon Shake?
- Classic BLT: It's hard to beat a classic BLT, and why mess with a good thing? Pick up some thick slices of good-quality bacon, and whip up a deliciously simple lunch or dinner.
- Creamed Collard Greens: The base for this classically Southern recipe is smoky bacon, which gives the collard greens a rich flavor.
- Wedge Salad: Cool iceberg lettuce, creamy gorgonzola, and crispy, salty bacon come together beautifully in this wedge salad. Top with hard-boiled eggs for a little additional protein and flavor, and you've got yourself a meal!
- Bacon Guacamole: What's better than a creamy, flavorful bowl of fresh guacamole? Bacon guacamole! Chipotles in adobo kick this dip up another notch and enhance the delicious smoky flavor of the bacon.
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Nectarines: Bacon-wrapped anything makes a fantastic appetizer, especially when it involves shrimp and nectarines.
The Ultimate Baked Beans
Savory Sight: Bacon Cornbread
Killer App: Caramelized Leek, Goat Cheese, and Bacon Dip
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook