Sweet Potato Casserole This recipe comes from Dawn Billesbach, aka The Meal Planning Mom, and Founder and Creator of MenuForTheWeek.com.
She says, "I've never had a holiday without my grandma's sweet potatoes. It is the only way to eat them in my opinion."
Casserole makes 8 servings
Active Prep Time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 25 minutes
"I've never had a holiday without my grandma's sweet potatoes. It is the only way to eat them in my opinion."
2 40-ounce cans canned yams - drained
1/4 cup butter - melted
2 eggs - beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup pecans - chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mash yams. Add to yams; ¼ cup of melted butter, eggs, white sugar, salt, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour into a medium size baking dish.
3) In a separate bowl, crumble together brown sugar, flour, pecans, and 3 Tablespoons of butter. Crumble on top of yam mixture.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
More from GalTime.com:
- Pumpkin Tiramisu Recipe
- 'Tis the Season for Butternut Squash
- Apple Pancakes: Perfect Fall Breakfast
- Sausage Chicken Soup Recipe